Konversation | Englisch

How many tenses are there in the English language? The experts disagree. I like talking about 16 tenses. I have actually written them on one page. You can download them for free. It is a pdf "tenses in english" which can be found on my homepage: http://www.englischunterricht.de

Englischunterricht für Anfänger

The learning never stops

Slideshow

Mittwoch, 3. Februar 2010

Telephoning For Business English (Phrases)

Telephone Phrases For Business English




There are many phrases that can be used for telephoning. It makes a lot of sense to begin at the beginning:



Answering the phone and making a request in English



Receiver: Bradley's Language Service, Bill Bradley speaking.

Caller: Good morning Bill. This is Chantal calling from Nuernberg.

Receiver: Good morning Chantal. What can I do for you?

Caller: I was just wondering if you could teach one of my clients how to use the phone. He has to answer and receive a lot of business calls in English.

Receiver: This should be no problem. We have the best training team in the world.

Caller: Thank you very much. I will call the client and try to arrange a meeting for next week if that is okay with you.

Receiver: That's fine with me. Is there anything else?

Caller: No, that was it.

Receiver: Well, thanks for calling. I look forward to hearing from you again in the near future. Bye.

Caller: Thanks again. Bye.



Answering the phone and making an appointment



Receiver: Bradley's Language Service, Bill Bradley speaking.

Caller: Good morning Bill. This is Feli calling from Nuernberg.

Receiver: Good morning Feli. How can I help you?

Caller: I would like to make an appointment to see you if you can find the time.

Receiver: I am very busy but I can make time for you. How about next Wednesday at noon? Would that be convenient for you?

Caller: Yes that would me great.

Receiver: Is there anything else?

Caller: No, that was it. Thanks.

Receiver: I look forward to hearing from you again. See you?



I plan to add some more phrases soon. Right now I need to get my beauty sleep.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen